May 28

Print this Post

Four Plays = 75% of Practice Time

The Pistol-Flex Offense prides itself on being a relatively simple offense to implement.  This is due to the fact that we only have a limited number of plays (13 to be exact).  This allows your players to become masters of a few plays rather than a jack of many plays! We use 75% of our daily practice time and dedicate that time to only four of our plays.  Those four plays are the cornerstone plays of the greater Pistol-Flex Offense.  The four critical plays that should be practiced at least 75% of the total practice time are: the triple option, midline option, counter option and zone dive.  Once your players master these plays, the other 25% of your practice time should be dedicated to the remaining complementary plays.

About the author

Coach Markowski

Innovator of the Pistol-Flex Offense, Coach Markowski has coached at both the collegiate and Semi-Pro levels of football including SFU, Mansfield University, and the United States Military Academy (Lightweight Program). He is presently an Offensive Consultant at Chestnut Hill College, PA.

Permanent link to this article: http://www.afmservers.com/share/four-plays-75-of-practice-time/